Riptide GP Renegade
Developer: Vector Unit
Publisher: Vector Unit
Size: 105.4 MB
Release Date: 2016
Compatibility: Android, iOS, Xbox One, PS4, Windows 10
Riptide GP Renegade was made by the same company that made Hydro Thunder which means you can expect some great graphics and game play. I picked up this game for iOS for i believe $2.99 and it was definitely worth the small price tag. I didn't know anything about it prior to buying it but had recently watched an episode of Game Sack on YouTube where Joe and Dave were talking about Wave Race 64 and I had to find something similar to play on my phone!
This definitely filled a gap for me. The fast pace racing and deep tricks arsenal made this game a lot of fun to play. It does have a bit of a story as well which involves you and an arch rival and your revenge by beating your rival in a series of races. In the end the story is definitely an after thought. The meat and potatoes is all in the racing. Check out my Positives & Negatives below.
- Great Graphics! I caught myself thinking I was gaming on a PS Vita with the graphic on my iPhone 6s Plus
- Gameplay: easy to learn and easy to play
- Extensive story line: which gave me several hours of game play.
- Game modes: there is more than just racing a big aspect of the game is doing tricks as well.
- There was an upfront cost of $2.99 but other than that you don't have to spend another dime.
- The Story... was silly but bareable.